INSTRUCTIONAL pool rules
THE CUMMING AQUATIC CENTER DOES NOT ALLOW THE CONDUCTING OF ANY FORM OF AQUATICS TRAINING (I.E., SWIM LESSONS, ETC.) BY ANYONE NOT IN A CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH OR EMPLOYED BY THE CUMMING AQUATIC CENTER WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CHILDREN BEING TAUGHT BY IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS (I.E., PARENTS, SIBLINGS, ETC.).
Pool Risks (All Pools)
Adults should not swim alone.
Do not swim if the suction outlets are missing, broken, or not clearly visible from the deck.
Do not swallow the pool water.
Do not swim if you had diarrhea within the past two weeks.
No animals are allowed in the pool or pool enclosure, except service animals are allowed on the deck.
Instructional Pool Rules
1. Patrons are prohibited from entering the water without a lifeguard present.
2. All swimmers must shower before entering pool.
3. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult in attendance and in a bathing suit.
4. Children 6 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
5. Children 3 years old and younger as well as any child not potty-trained must wear snug-fitting plastic pants or water-resistant swim diapers.
6. Persons with open sores or rashes are not allowed in the pool.
7. No glass articles allowed in or around pool, deck, and locker rooms.
8. Sitting or hanging on lane lines is prohibited.
9. No food, drink, or wrappers shall be inside the pool area.
10. Horseplay such as running, splashing, shoving, or dunking is prohibited.
11. No spitting, spouting of water or blowing nose in pool is allowed.
12. Appropriate bathing attire must be worn. No cut-offs or bathing suits with metal or hard plastic items are allowed in the pool or on the slide.
13. Diving is prohibited except under the supervision of a certified instructor in the 7 foot deep area.
14. Lifeguards are authorized to enforce all safety rules and facility policies posted or otherwise approved by facility management.