AMERICAN RED CROSS JUNIOR LIFEGUARD CAMP
The Junior Lifeguard Program provides the foundation for lifeguarding and life skills. The program focuses on 5 key areas: prevention of aquatic accidents, fitness & swimming skills, response in an emergency, leadership skills, and professionalism as a lifeguard. This is a non-certification course for participants ages 11-14 years old.
COURSE FEE: $179/camp. All dates meet Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
2022 Camp Dates (Registration Open – Click on date below to register)
Before entering Junior Lifeguarding, participants must demonstrate the following skills:
- Swim the front crawl for 25 yards continuously while breathing to the front or side.
- Swim the breaststroke for 25 yards using a pull, breathe, kick and glide sequence.
- Tread water for 1 minute using arms and legs.
- Show a level of comfort on the back by floating on the back for 30 seconds or swimming on the back for 25 yards using the elementary backstroke or back crawl.
- Submerge and swim a distance of 10 feet under water.
JUNIOR LG COURSE FEE
$179.00 incl. materials