FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT
The Cumming Aquatic Center employs six full-time staff members: Director, Assistant Director, Program Coordinator, Pool Operator, Staff Scheduler, and Front Desk Coordinator. Currently, there are no full-time openings.
PART TIME EMPLOYMENT
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR ALL PART-TIME / SEASONAL POSITIONS!
Looking to be a Lifeguard and don’t currently hold an American Red Cross Lifeguard certification? No problem, just follow these steps below (must be 15 years old minimum):
- Contact Jeremy Howell to set up an interview (phone 770-781-1785 or email email@example.com). This will consist of an in-person and in-water interview where the candidate will be required to perform the American Red Cross Lifeguard course pre-test:
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim front crawl, breaststroke, or a combination of both (swimming on the back is not allowed). Swim goggles may be worn.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Complete a timed event, within 1 minute and 40 seconds: Swim 20 yards without goggles, submerge 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10 pound brick, re-surface, place brick on the pool deck, and exit the water.
- Retrieve the brick from 13.5 feet of water, return to the surface, place on the pool deck.
- Complete and pass all application and employment requirements required by the City of Cumming. An application will be provided to the candidate following a successful in-person and in-water interview.
- Register for an upcoming American Red Cross Lifeguard course at the Cumming Aquatic Center. The candidate must register through Jeremy Howell, Assistant Manager of the CAC. The course will be provided at a reduced rate of $39 (normally $199). To view a schedule of the upcoming Lifeguard courses at the CAC, click here.
WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR
If you currently hold an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification and are looking for part-time employment at the CAC, please contact Susan Alston (phone 770-781-1781 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). To view a schedule of the upcoming WSI courses at the CAC, click here.
WATER EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
- Contact Jeremy Howell for more info(phone 770-781-1785 or email email@example.com)
- Canditate must hold a current group water fitness certification as well as a current CPR/AED/First Aid certification