Competition pool rules
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MARCH 16TH, 2015, THE CUMMING AQUATIC CENTER DOES NOT ALLOW THE CONDUCTING OF ANY FORM OF AQUATICS TRAINING (I.E., SWIM LESSONS, ETC.) BY ANYONE NOT IN A CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH OR EMPLOYED BY THE CUMMING AQUATIC CENTER WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CHILDREN BEING TAUGHT BY IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS (I.E., PARENTS, SIBLINGS, ETC.).
Risks for All Pools
Adults should not swim alone.
Do not swim if the suction outlets are missing, broken, or not clearly visible from the deck.
Do not swallow the pool water.
Do not swim if you had diarrhea within the past two weeks.
No animals are allowed in the pool or pool enclosure, except service animals are allowed on the deck.
Competition Pool Rules
1. Patrons are prohibited from entering the water without a lifeguard present.
2. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult in the same lane during lap swim sessions.
3. Certified coaches are required to be present during all swim and diving practices and meets.
4. Diving from starting blocks is permitted only when a certified coach is present.
5. No food, drink, or wrappers are allowed in the pool area.
6. No glass articles allowed in or around pool, deck, and locker rooms.
7. Sitting or hanging on lane lines is prohibited.
8. Horseplay such as running, splashing, shoving, or dunking is prohibited.
9. All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
10. Persons with open sores or rashes are not allowed in the pool.
11. Appropriate bathing attire must be worn. Cut-offs are not permitted.
12. Children 6 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
13. Children 3 years old and younger as well as any child who is not potty-trained must wear a swim diaper.
14. No spitting, spouting of water or blowing nose in pool is allowed.
15. Lifeguards are authorized to enforce all safety rules and facility policies posted or otherwise approved by facility management.
16. No diving allowed from the bulkhead. Only those swimmers who are under the supervision of a contracted, certified coach are permitted to dive from the bulkhead or from the dive blocks.
17. At least one set on backstroke flags MUST be up at each end of the course any time there are swimmers in the water.
Diving Board Rules
1. Use of diving boards is allowed only during organized practices & meets, under supervision of a certified coach.
2. Only one person on the diving board at a time.
3. Only one bounce on the board.
4. No swimming in the diving area unless authorized by the staff.
5. The use of goggles and lifejackets are prohibited on the boards.
6. Swimmers will not be allowed in the diving area while the boards are in use.
7. No hanging from the boards.
8. Dive or jump only in a straight line from the end of the board.
9. Divers must exit the water immediately after performing dives